Abyss AB1266 Phi TC
Abyss’s AB1266 Phi TC is the most recognized headphone on the market. With the almost vulgar look, the extremely engaging sound, and the build quality of another world, the 1266 Phi TC delivers an experience you will never forget.
A brand new generation of ABYSS planar speakers. These latest ABYSS drivers offer unprecedented levels of clarity and resolution to sound, without the typical brightness or harshness. Imagine sitting with the band, and hearing what they hear, surreal is the best way to describe this new AB-1266 Phi TC.
High-Quality Materials for optimum comfort
This latest Ceramic Coated version sports a high-tech, durable two-tone polymer ceramic coating on the all-metal frame along with newly designed ear pads for greater comfort and improved sound quality.
The Abyss AB1266 Phi TC refines the sonic virtues of Abyss’ finest headphones with excellent transparency to the source. And hard-hitting low-frequency impact and resolution. The sound of these headphones easily compares to and in many areas exceeds the finest two-channel audiophile systems money can buy. More importantly, the AB-1266 Phi will preserve in history one of the finest headphones ever produced.
Chassis consists of left/right side frames and an adjustable two-piece headband. No plastic parts to break, and all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration. High-quality finishes, polished metal accents, hand-brushed artistic touches.
Proprietary planar magnetic transducer design (Patent Pending) utilizing Abyss’s very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Effortless dynamics and low-level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head. A front row listening experience with a stunning bass impact no other headphone can provide, like the finest loudspeakers in a private room.
The scope of delivery: 3 different versions
The Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC headphones are available in three versions. The only difference is the scope of delivery and the cables. The headphones are the same in all three versions.
- The scope of delivery for the AB-1266 PHI TC Lite version is limited to the headphones, a transport bag, and a 2.5m long cable with a 4-pin XLR connector (+ 6.3mm adapter).
- The AB-1266 PHI TC Deluxe comes with a leather transport bag, a headphone stand, and a 2.5m long cable with 2×3-pin XLR (+ 6.3mm + 4-pin XLR adapter). In terms of sound, the lite version does not differ from the deluxe version, the cables are identical.
- With the AB-1266 PHI TC Complete Edition, the scope of delivery is the same as the deluxe version, but the cable is a JPS upgrade cable, with 4-pin XLR or 2×3-pin XLR as desired.
Abyss AB1266 Phi TC Specifications
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 30 kHz
- Impedance: 47 ohms nominal
- Phase: Flat
- Sensitivity: 88 dB/mW
- Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
- Weight: 640 grams