It’s time to dedicate a few lines to the little magic boxes of Astell & Kern. People come to us for all kinds of reasons when they inquire about Astell & Kern audio players. And the reasons are so diverse that we want to summarize them here. To cut it short: thy cannot make the laundry, but other than that, you got it all in one little device!
- Drive earphones? Perfect match!
- Drive headphones? Most of them fine. If you need more power, go for the Kann Alpha
- Even balanced? Sure, what else? Cables are no issue. if you’re missing one, ask us!
- Connect to your home stereo? You have the choice: cinch, XLR, USB, some even optical
- Connect via Wifi / Bluetooth? Sure. Even aptX HD and new Astell & Kern DAPs also LDAC.
- Use as external DAC for PC etc.? Of course!
- Save files internally? Sure. Up to 512 GB plus 1TB micro-SD card
- Connect to your NAS? Yupp!
- Cloud streaming? Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify etc … (and most even offline)
- Roon. Yes, finally (they are getting current Astell & Kern DAPs licenced)
- CD-Ripping? Yes, even hands-free (Astell & Kern CD-Ripper II)
- CD-Player? Of course … just use the Astell & Kern CD-ripper II
Probably we forgot some more applications, but you get the point. These little devices are streamers, servers, DACs, amplifiers … at home, on the go. Whatever you want!